I’m now 38-weeks pregnant and let me say, I’ve had it pretty easy. For all three of my pregnancies (thus far), I’ve not experienced the typical complaints, such as morning sickness, indigestion, hemorrhoids, etc. Yes, I’ve been blessed. And I’m very thankful for that. But, while I’ve avoided those discomforts, I must say I do have some annoyances, including:
- Having to constantly pull up my pants and pull down my shirt as my belly does its best to fight its way out.
- Being able to wash only a few dishes at the sink before my back begins to hurt from having to hunch over to reach the faucet.
- Getting winded going up the stairs.
- Exerting a decent amount of effort just to roll over at night.
- Debating how badly I need to retrieve an item if it falls on the floor, as opposed to leaving it there until one of the kids can get it.
- Balancing carefully and with great caution as I quickly try to put on my socks…and pray it works on the first attempt.
- Grunting when I stand up, sit down or sometimes move in general.
So what about you? What sorts of annoyances did you have in your pregnancy? What did you look forward to being able to do again?